Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Woman robbed at gunpoint in Manchester
MANCHESTER – Bystanders recovered the purse of a woman who was robbed at gunpoint Wednesday night on Beech Street, but they were unable to catch the thief.
Police said a 20-year-old woman was robbed about 8 p.m. as she was walking near Beech Street School, 333 Beech St.
The woman said a man approached her and asked for the time and a cigarette. Suddenly, he pulled out a large black handgun, pointed it at her and demanded her purse.
Once he had it, he ran off and several bystanders chased after them. He eluded them, but they recovered the woman's purse. Her cell phone and some cash were missing from it.
The robber is described as a heavyset white man, about 5-foot-10, 18 to 20 years old with brown facial hair. He wore a dark ball cap, white tank top and dark jeans.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 634-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Citizens Bank robbed Saturday in Manchester - 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 1
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 7
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917