Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Woman robbed at gunpoint in Manchester
MANCHESTER – Bystanders recovered the purse of a woman who was robbed at gunpoint Wednesday night on Beech Street, but they were unable to catch the thief.
Police said a 20-year-old woman was robbed about 8 p.m. as she was walking near Beech Street School, 333 Beech St.
The woman said a man approached her and asked for the time and a cigarette. Suddenly, he pulled out a large black handgun, pointed it at her and demanded her purse.
Once he had it, he ran off and several bystanders chased after them. He eluded them, but they recovered the woman's purse. Her cell phone and some cash were missing from it.
The robber is described as a heavyset white man, about 5-foot-10, 18 to 20 years old with brown facial hair. He wore a dark ball cap, white tank top and dark jeans.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 634-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 2
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 3
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 3
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 2
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 0
- AG says Rockingham County attorney probe 'substantially complete' - 0
- Nashua mayor says finance committee lacked authority to table buying dump trucks - 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief