Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Woman robbed at gunpoint in Manchester
MANCHESTER – Bystanders recovered the purse of a woman who was robbed at gunpoint Wednesday night on Beech Street, but they were unable to catch the thief.
Police said a 20-year-old woman was robbed about 8 p.m. as she was walking near Beech Street School, 333 Beech St.
The woman said a man approached her and asked for the time and a cigarette. Suddenly, he pulled out a large black handgun, pointed it at her and demanded her purse.
Once he had it, he ran off and several bystanders chased after them. He eluded them, but they recovered the woman's purse. Her cell phone and some cash were missing from it.
The robber is described as a heavyset white man, about 5-foot-10, 18 to 20 years old with brown facial hair. He wore a dark ball cap, white tank top and dark jeans.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 634-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424