Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Judge rules man's statements to police can be used in trial
Brad Lizotte, 47, is facing charges of indecent exposure and endangering the welfare of a child for allegedly soliciting the girl between June 12 and Sept. 29.
Portsmouth police had executed a search warrant that morning to seize Lizotte’s cell phone, computer and other computer storage devices found at the home.Lizotte argued that statements he made to two Portsmouth police detectives should have been thrown out of court because they failed to read him his Miranda rights.Wageling disagreed, saying Lizotte expressed some concern over how long the interview was going to take, but at no time made an effort to end the interview or leave for work.
She said that a reasonable person would have felt he could terminate the interview or leave at any time.
Portsmouth police detectives Rebecca Hester and Kristyn Bernier interviewed Lizotte, asking him about his phone, how he used his computer, his relationship with the victim, his conversations and his pornography references with the girl.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 10
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Total Votes: 917