Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Judge rules man's statements to police can be used in trial
Brad Lizotte, 47, is facing charges of indecent exposure and endangering the welfare of a child for allegedly soliciting the girl between June 12 and Sept. 29.
Portsmouth police had executed a search warrant that morning to seize Lizotte’s cell phone, computer and other computer storage devices found at the home.Lizotte argued that statements he made to two Portsmouth police detectives should have been thrown out of court because they failed to read him his Miranda rights.Wageling disagreed, saying Lizotte expressed some concern over how long the interview was going to take, but at no time made an effort to end the interview or leave for work.
She said that a reasonable person would have felt he could terminate the interview or leave at any time.
Portsmouth police detectives Rebecca Hester and Kristyn Bernier interviewed Lizotte, asking him about his phone, how he used his computer, his relationship with the victim, his conversations and his pornography references with the girl.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 0
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483