Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Angry Manchester residents show up in force at police community meeting
While police had charts up at the meeting showing how many violent crimes and other incidents took place in the city over the last three years, the laser-like focus of nearly every speaker was a recent spike in burglaries — like the one in which a delivery for Seamus' birthday was stolen near his family's back door.
"I want to know, as a parent and as a citizen, what is going to happen to prevent this from happening?" Sullivan said.
Police Chief David Mara said his department is trying its best, but must find ways to do things better and needs more officers to patrol the city.
"We're not making excuses," Mara said more than once.
Mara repeated his stance, with Mayor Ted Gatsas and several aldermen present, that the department needs more than the roughly 220 officers on duty now.
Assistant Chief Nick Willard said the Police Department was planning to apply for grants to purchase a $38,000 in-house fingerprint analysis software kit — the department now has prints analyzed by a state police lab in Concord. Gatsas stood up and promised to appropriate city funds for the purchase.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424