CONCORD — More than 600 workers at a southern New Hampshire employer may have been exposed to measles and have been told to stay home until Saturday if they can’t prove their immunity to the disease, a state health official said.
The potential exposure happened in mid-August when the measles carrier, who lives out of state, visited the workplace, said Dr. Jose Montero, New Hampshire director of public health. Montero would not identify the employer or the specific community.
Montero said company workers were notified late last week about potential exposure. Those who could prove their immunization — either through vaccination or past infection — are fine.
Those who could not prove immunization were urged to get vaccinated and not return to work until Saturday.