Home » News » Public Safety
No one injured after sailboat capsizes in Milton Three Ponds
MILTON – A fellow boater came to the rescue of a local man after the wind overturned his small sailboat near the town beach Wednesday afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 2:22 p.m. to the beach at 852 White Mountain Highway – Route 125 – after the boat capsized in Milton Three Ponds.
By the time they arrived, the man was already rescued, according to Milton fire Lt. Jarrod Wheeler.
“We never actually went into the water,” Wheeler said, adding both the fire and police boats responded as a precaution.
The man did not appear injured and refused treatment, according to Wheeler.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads