Home » News » Public Safety
Washington vacationer injured while jet skiing on Lake Winnisquam
Rescue crews were called at 3:16 p.m. to 27 Lower Waldron Road after authorities received several reports of a water skier down in the water, said Fire Chief Ken Jones.
The victim, Shawn Jeffries, 40, of Aberdeen, Wash., had been helped on to another pontoon boat by local boaters. Rescue crews loaded him aboard their boat and carried him to shore, where he was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia.
Jeffries was in stable condition, having likely suffered a broken femur and some other minor injuries.
“The wake board struck him while he was riding it; it caught him in the body somehow,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Check those pool filters for another invasive species - 0
- Lowell apartment house fire claims 7 lives, including three children - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 2
- State Police Marine Patrol IDs Duncan Lake drowning victim - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Craven loves qualifying format - 0
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Revenge? Shea needs none - 0
- Bonner rock'n the hardware - 0
- On Baseball: G'days for Berti boosted his game - 0
- Special Section: Readers' Choice 2014 - 0
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Swamp Bats fall to Pilgrims - 0
Community groups profit from race week
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?