Home » News » Public Safety
Washington vacationer injured while jet skiing on Lake Winnisquam
Rescue crews were called at 3:16 p.m. to 27 Lower Waldron Road after authorities received several reports of a water skier down in the water, said Fire Chief Ken Jones.
The victim, Shawn Jeffries, 40, of Aberdeen, Wash., had been helped on to another pontoon boat by local boaters. Rescue crews loaded him aboard their boat and carried him to shore, where he was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia.
Jeffries was in stable condition, having likely suffered a broken femur and some other minor injuries.
“The wake board struck him while he was riding it; it caught him in the body somehow,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 3
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jailed man faces new charge for allegedly contacting witness - 0
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 3
- Nashua man arrested in Brookline stabbing - 0
- Cumberland Farms robbed; third store hit this month in Rochester - 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 1
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 4
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 1
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
LNG plant put 'on hold'