Home » News » Public Safety
Washington vacationer injured while jet skiing on Lake Winnisquam
Rescue crews were called at 3:16 p.m. to 27 Lower Waldron Road after authorities received several reports of a water skier down in the water, said Fire Chief Ken Jones.
The victim, Shawn Jeffries, 40, of Aberdeen, Wash., had been helped on to another pontoon boat by local boaters. Rescue crews loaded him aboard their boat and carried him to shore, where he was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia.
Jeffries was in stable condition, having likely suffered a broken femur and some other minor injuries.
“The wake board struck him while he was riding it; it caught him in the body somehow,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 10
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072