Fresh start for students in Merrimack
"Everybody seems happy to be here. They were ready to go bright and early this morning," said Barbara DeNutte, a teacher at Merrimack Middle School.
"A lot of these skills will focus on improving student organization," she said.
"We are ready to roll," said Powers.
At Reeds Ferry School, the first day went even better than expected for Principal Kimberly Yarlott.
Members of the Merrimack police and fire departments were on hand to assist Tuesday morning, offering additional security and extra smiles, said Yarlott.
"Our enrollment is up a little bit, and we will be on the higher end once the preschoolers arrive," said Yarlott, who visited each of the classrooms on Tuesday to greet the students personally.
At Mastricola Elementary School, students were greeted with brand new flooring as asbestos abatement work was completed throughout the summer.
There are about 465 students at Mastricola Elementary School this school year, according to Carter, who said the teachers are eager to begin implementing a new writing program in the coming months.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Johnson poised to win sixth Sprint Cup crown - 0
- Hamlin on pole for Sunday's Goody's 500 at Martinsville - 0
- Truck Series will return to Loudon Sept. 20 - 0
- McMurray winsat Talladega.; Jimmie Johnson takes Chase lead - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Ford Fall Brawl has plenty of big names - 0
- NHMS gets Sprint Cup schedule; trucks returning - 2
- Brad Keselowski outduels Kasey Kahne to return to victory lane - 0
- Harvick takes Kansas; Kenseth’s Nascar Sprint Cup lead dented - 0
- Pines Speedway Reunion set in Groveland, Mass. - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 5
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383