Thomas Sowell: Obama is a truly great phony
The man was indeed a very talented phony. He could convince almost anybody of almost anything — provided that they were not already knowledgeable about the subject.
Incidentally, he did not get the grant he applied for.
One presidential gaffe in particular gives the flavor, and suggests the reason, for many others. It involved the Falkland Islands.
It so happens that the Maldives are thousands of miles away from the Malvinas. The former are in the Indian Ocean, while the latter are in the South Atlantic.
The presidential gaffe that struck me when I heard it was Barack Obama's reference to a military corps as a military "corpse." He is obviously a man who is used to sounding off about things he has paid little or no attention to in the past. His mispronunciation of a common military term was especially revealing to someone who was once in the Marine Corps, not Marine "corpse."
One wonders how he will laugh when all his golden promises about Obamacare turn out to be false and a medical disaster. Or when his foreign policy fiascoes in the Middle East are climaxed by a nuclear Iran.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Looking Back with Aurore Eaton: Manchester's Elliot Hospital grows, evolves - 0
- Looking Back with Aurore Eaton: An early challenge for the Elliot Hospital - 2
- Looking Back with Aurore Eaton: The Elliot Hospital's grand opening - 0
- Looking Back with Aurore Eaton: The start of Manchester's Elliot Hospital began with a generous gift - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The story of Mary and John Elliot of Manchester - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Murdered, Elinus Morrison is laid to rest in the Valley Cemetery - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: A shocking Confederate raid in Vermont - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Civil War comes to Elinus Morrison - 0
- Looking Back with Aurore Eaton: A Civil War tragedy - Elinus Morrison of Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 7
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?