Home » News » Public Safety
Students warned: 'This drug can cause death'
"We need to make students understand that this drug can cause death in someone else," he said.
Flannigan died Wednesday at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, one of three people who police say overdosed at a performance by German DJ Zedd at the House of Blues in Boston.
As Plymouth State University students moved into the campus of 2,200 students Monday, most said they had heard of "Molly."
A group of 10 students asked about where they had heard about Molly all answered: "Rap music."
"I've heard it's very pure," another said.
"I've heard the rap songs, but it's not safe. I've heard it's equivalent to removing a chunk from your brain," one of the students said.
At New England College in Henniker, senior Parica Mason said she doesn't associate with people who use drugs like Molly.
"You never see people strung out on drugs here," she said. "The parties tend to be more alcohol-based than drug-based, so you rarely hear about drug-related things on campus."
Chris Cotta is a junior at Franklin Pierce University in Rindge.
"I went to a party recently and somebody said, 'Hey, you know, Molly's in town,' and I was like, 'Who's Molly?'" Cotta said.
"It is a college campus, so things do find their way here," he said, "but I've seen people on Molly and I'm not interested."
"Every weekend people smoke pot or go out and drink," said Moore, "and I imagine there are people doing other drugs, but I don't hang around with them."
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, in St. Anne's Church, 26 Emerson Ave., Hampstead.
Union Leader Correspondent Hunter McGee contributed to this report.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorcyclist dies in Route 302 crash - 0
- First Coffee with a Cop session goes smoothly - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 1
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three teens sent to area hospitals after crash on Blackwater Road at Rochester-Dover border - 0
- Good Samaritans track down man accused of stealing purse - 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 0
- Goffstown CIP committee wraps up for year, sends work to planning board - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt