New England College touts student body diversity
The freshman class, one of the three largest classes in 30 years, began moving in to the dorms over the weekend and buzzed in and out of the Simon Center, checking their mailboxes and looking for information about parking stickers.
The total African-American population on campus is 20 percent, Kalakonas said, and 5.4 percent of the students come from foreign countries.
"We are delighted to see that our programs and style of education are resulting in more students choosing New England College," said New England College President Michele Perkins. "I believe our environment of learning and culture of inclusion is a large part of our success."
"It's not something I really thought about," he said.
"I've made new friends from different nations and I really enjoy learning about their cultures and languages," he said.
"There are always a ton of things to do and a lot of different people to meet, making the college experience memorable and rewarding," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 1
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- AL East looks loaded again in 2014 - 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Belichick’s magic act worthy of honor - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Dolphins seeking AFC wild card - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: The book on Bennett - 1
- NHIAA wrestling at Manchester - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 2
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 1
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383