Loeb School looking for First Amendment Award nominations
Nominations are open for the school’s 11th annual First Amendment Award, honoring diligence in protecting free press and free speech liberties.
A committee of judges chooses recipients from public nominations. First Amendment recipients receive a bronze eagle sculpture created by Mrs. Loeb and a $1,500 award.
Past recipients include former New Hampshire Attorney General Philip McLaughlin, former Keene Sentinel Executive Editor Thomas F. Kearney, The Laconia Citizen, political activist and former legislator Daniel Hughes, former Dover City Councilor David Scott, Londonderry High School Journalism Advisor Mary Lukas, First Amendment attorney William Chapman, former ConVal School Board member Gail Pierson Cromwell, The Portsmouth Herald and David Lang and the Professional Fire Fighters of New Hampshire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Local voices -- George Will: The fictitious war on women - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Irresponsible 'education' - 3
- Our Constitution is crumbling and few seem to care - 4
- Can the administration handle an outbreak as well as Hollywood thinks it can? - 6
- George Will: Tackled by the speech police - 1
- Another View -- Steve Merrill: NH needs Walt Havenstein's Pledge 2.0 - 2
- NH's fantasy budgeting has got to end - 4
- Pat Buchanan: Goodbye, Columbus - 1
- Another View - Benjamin Dick: Why Manchester teachers rejected the last contract proposal - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- James Pindell's The Back Story: Does the grassroots approach still work? - 1
- Shaheen: 'Don't Import Candiate That Outsources Jobs' - 6
- Abandoned Property: Romney, Brownies and even J.D. Salinger are on the list, are you? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur back on MPD's case, but this time with numbers - 0
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Monitoring social media - 1
- Apple opens in Manchester - 0
- NHIAA football: Bedford hangs on, outlasts Concord - 0
Monitoring social media
More violence at Keene
Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival
Boz Scaggs explores a bit of 'Memphis'
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy