Londonderry loses a soldier
U.S. Army Cpl. Tyler J. Pimpis, 22, died Aug. 28. Pimpis, a 2009 Londonderry High School graduate, was stationed at Fort Hood at the time of his death, after serving two combat tours in Afghanistan.
Those who knew Pimpis best described him as an extremely family-oriented young man who enjoyed riding his motorcycle, building things out of wood and playing with the new puppy he'd recently adopted.
During his visits home, Pimpis would stop in at his alma mater to catch up with his former teachers.
"He represented the armed forces proudly," Juster said. "He didn't sugar-coat his mission and the commitment required, but honestly told us how great it felt to serve his country every day."
In addition to his mother, survivors include his father, Stephen Pimpis and sister Kaila Pimpis, both of Londonderry, and brother Michael Pimpis and sister-in-law Tiffany of Westport, Mass.
Brent's older brother, Private 1st Class Eric Currier, was killed while on duty in Afghanistan in February 2010. Brent eventually left the military honorably, though Pimpis soon reenlisted for a second term.
His younger sister, Kaila, who set up a memorial Facebook page in her brother's honor, said she had an extremely close relationship with her brother, who surprised her in 2011 when he took leave from one of his tours in Afghanistan to attend her high school graduation.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.