Home » News » Public Safety
Somersworth driver seriously injured in Rollinsford crash Monday
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 2:13 a.m. after a northbound 1999 Mercury Mountaineer, driven by Allen H. Kinsman, 49, of Highland Street in Somersworth, struck a group of trees.
Upon arriving, Kinsman, who was ejected from the severely damaged SUV, was found lying in the road.
As a result, ambulance crews from South Berwick, Maine transported him to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover. He was later transported to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Mass.
Police Chief Robert Ducharme said in an e-mail that they have not received word of his status of condition.
Rollinsford fighters and members of the Strafford County Technical Accident Reconstruction Team also responded to the scene. Roberts Road was closed from 2:15 to 7:15 a.m., according to police, who continue to investigate the accident.
“Since there were no witnesses to the accident the police are trying to determine the whereabouts of the driver prior to the accident. Police are awaiting toxicology reports from the N.H. State Police Forensics Lab, which is standard procedure for this type of incident,” Ducharme said in an e-mail.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact police at (603) 742-8549.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 4
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
- Officials: Manchester's crime rate showing sizable decline - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike speed limit headed up from 55 to 65 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Two charged in thefts from parked cars in Manchester - 0
- Hudson man arrested in Nashua check-cashing scheme - 0
- NH, Maine police investigating at Londonderry home of Maine shooting victim - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
- Felony drug charge for Rochester man in crack cocaine case - 0
- Granite Staters are front and center for UNH - 0
- Monarchs hope to wrap two wins - 0
- College Football: These Redbirds can run and pass - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules