Home » News » Public Safety
Somersworth driver seriously injured in Rollinsford crash Monday
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 2:13 a.m. after a northbound 1999 Mercury Mountaineer, driven by Allen H. Kinsman, 49, of Highland Street in Somersworth, struck a group of trees.
Upon arriving, Kinsman, who was ejected from the severely damaged SUV, was found lying in the road.
As a result, ambulance crews from South Berwick, Maine transported him to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover. He was later transported to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Mass.
Police Chief Robert Ducharme said in an e-mail that they have not received word of his status of condition.
Rollinsford fighters and members of the Strafford County Technical Accident Reconstruction Team also responded to the scene. Roberts Road was closed from 2:15 to 7:15 a.m., according to police, who continue to investigate the accident.
“Since there were no witnesses to the accident the police are trying to determine the whereabouts of the driver prior to the accident. Police are awaiting toxicology reports from the N.H. State Police Forensics Lab, which is standard procedure for this type of incident,” Ducharme said in an e-mail.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact police at (603) 742-8549.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
When company comes, opt for variety
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Market Basket community waits and watches