Forecasters warn of heavy rain and potential flooding; lightning injures two in NH
A lightning strike at a campground in Tamworth resulted in injuries to two people who required hospital treatment.
The National Weather Service cautioned that flooding is possible across a large section of New Hampshire.
Included in weather advisories were Merrimack, Belknap, Sullivan and Strafford counties; interior and coastal Rockingham county and northern and southern portions of Coos, Grafton, and Carroll counties.
A stormy weather system moved into parts of the state Sunday, bringing scattered heavy thunderstorms with downpours which forecasters said created the potential for flooding.
The National Weather Service said rounds of scattered showers and thunderstorms including heavy rainfall were likely into Monday.
Meteorologists said the weather system stalled over northern New England and could be expected to produce slow-moving showers and thunderstorms with high rainfall amounts.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 0
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Labor fines proposed on school project