Home » News » Public Safety
Maine couple perish in Barrington collision, local man seriously injured
According to State Police, John Shaw, 48, of Barrington, was traveling west on Route 202 when the 2002 Ford Ranger he was driving crossed the center line and struck a 2007 Ford Edge, traveling east driven by Joel McLain, 77.
McLain died at the scene, his passenger, Maxine McLain, 77, was transported to Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester, where she later died of her injuries.
Shaw, according to police, was ejected from his vehicle during the crash. He is being treated at Frisbie Memorial for serious injuries.
Sections of Route 202 between Route 9 and Route 126 were closed for about 4 hours as Troopers conducted an investigation and the vehicles were removed. The cause of the accident is yet undetermined, according to police.
Assisting the New Hampshire State Police at the scene were the New Hampshire State Police TAR Unit, Barrington Police Department and Barrington Fire Department.
This accident remains under investigation by Trooper Thomas Conlon. Anyone with information is asked to contact Trooper Conlon, NH State Police/Troop A at (603) 223-8490
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate