Home » News » Public Safety
Maine couple perish in Barrington collision, local man seriously injured
According to State Police, John Shaw, 48, of Barrington, was traveling west on Route 202 when the 2002 Ford Ranger he was driving crossed the center line and struck a 2007 Ford Edge, traveling east driven by Joel McLain, 77.
McLain died at the scene, his passenger, Maxine McLain, 77, was transported to Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester, where she later died of her injuries.
Shaw, according to police, was ejected from his vehicle during the crash. He is being treated at Frisbie Memorial for serious injuries.
Sections of Route 202 between Route 9 and Route 126 were closed for about 4 hours as Troopers conducted an investigation and the vehicles were removed. The cause of the accident is yet undetermined, according to police.
Assisting the New Hampshire State Police at the scene were the New Hampshire State Police TAR Unit, Barrington Police Department and Barrington Fire Department.
This accident remains under investigation by Trooper Thomas Conlon. Anyone with information is asked to contact Trooper Conlon, NH State Police/Troop A at (603) 223-8490
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax