Home » News » Public Safety
Sorrow after second NH drug-related concert death, but some upset at festival's cancellation
"University of New Hampshire officials were greatly saddened to learn of the recent death of Olivia Rotondo, a junior from Rhode Island," said the statement issued by spokeswoman Erika Mantz. "We extend our deepest sympathies to her family and friends during this difficult time, and are focused on providing support and resources to our campus community."
Mantz said the UNH Counseling Center is open daily from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. A school hotline for students who need help in coping with the death is available 24-hours per day at 603-862-2090.
A Rochester, N.Y. man was also fatally stricken at the event. Four unidentified concert patrons taken to New York hospitals were reported in critical condition on Sunday.
The deaths prompted city officials and the event's promoter to cancel the final day of the weekend-long festival at Randall's Island in New York.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- 2 motorcycle riders hurt in Laconia collision - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
LNG plant put 'on hold'