Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Peavy solid against former team as Red Sox win
Peavy (11-5), who was traded from the White Sox to the Red Sox in a three-team deal on July 30, allowed two runs on five hits to improve to 3-1 with his new team. Jacoby Ellsbury doubled in a run among three hits and scored twice as Boston won for the sixth time in seven games and moved four games ahead of the Tampa Bay Rays in the American League East.
Avisail Garcia and Alejandro De Aza each drove in a run for the White Sox, who had won 10 of 12 before running into the Red Sox. John Danks (4-11) suffered the brunt of the damage, allowing six runs (five earned) on 11 hits in five innings.
Mike Napoli plated Ellsbury with a single in the first and scored on Jonny Gomes' RBI double in the third to give Boston a quick edge. The White Sox tied it in the fourth but the Red Sox went up for good in the bottom of the frame with a three-run outburst.
Ellsbury delivered an RBI ground-rule double to right, Dustin Pedroia pushed in a run with a groundout and David Ortiz capped the rally with an RBI single to left. Rookie Xander Bogaerts singled in a run in the fifth as Boston pulled away.
GAME NOTEBOOK: The Red Sox acquired veteran INF John McDonald and cash considerations from the Philadelphia Phillies in exchange for Class A RHP Nefi Ogando. ... Boston pitchers have allowed three or fewer runs in each of the last 11 games. ... Garcia, who came to the White Sox as part of the three-team Peavy deal, is 10-for-21 with six RBIs in the last five games.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester, Derry road races draw more than 3,600 trotters - 0
- Holiday road, trail races aplenty across NH - 0
- Wobble 'n' Gobble run set for Thanksgiving in Franconia - 0
- Wolfeboro Turkey Trot aids Lions Club, food pantries - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Communities reap economic benefits from road races - 0
- Road issues bring future Hampton marathons into question - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Time has come for NH road racing Hall of Fame - 0
- Andy Schachat's On The Run: How big are NH races going to get? - 0
- She runs as repayment - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use