NH Guardsmen welcomed home after stint abroad
"Pretty good," was how Fricke described his feelings upon returning to New Hampshire after having served as a crew chief for a UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter with the 169th Medevac Detachment.
The Frickes, who live in Brookline, said they plan to spend some of his two months of leave time riding their Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
The 169th Medevac Detachment left New Hampshire last Sept. 29 for training in Fort Hood, Texas, followed by nine months in Afghanistan.
"It's kind of hard to think of the words, but it's so good to have him home," Amber Barnes said.
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Pat Buchanan: What would Reagan do with Russia, Syria, etc.? - 5
- Deroy Murdock: Wisconsin's Scott Walker calmly leads the way - 4
- Another View - Pam Hunt and Loren Valliere: Local steps can fight climate change in NH - 20
- Another View -- Nick Pappas: NH teens, young adults will be hurt by a minimum wage hike - 7
- Another View -- Michelline Dufort: Consumers would save if PSNH sold its power plants - 0
- Fergus Cullen -- Innis: school to business to Congress? - 6
- John Stossel: Taxing life away - 2
- Rep. Tom Schamberg: If you want lower property taxes, support casinos - 19
- George Will: A constitutional convention to limit Washington? - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing - 0
- Flooding shuts down North Country highways - 0
- Officials say Northfield man presumed drowned after 'Polar Plunge' - 0
- Legislative committees move 4.2-cent-per-gallon gas tax increase closer to reality - 6
- Northfield man presumed dead after 'Polar Plunge' in Bristol - 1
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Supreme Court: Liquor Commission, trial judge did not follow right-to-know law - 1
- Driver identified in fatal Northumberland crash - 0
- AG agrees man who killed woman, 70, in Littleton hotel was insane at time - 1
Premium spike: Obamacare costs NH
Flooding shuts down North Country highways
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers