Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua deputy chief's leave may be ending
During the past two months, officials have not stated whether Howe's administrative leave is connected to an audit of the Nashua Police Relief Association being conducted by the Charitable Trusts Unit of the Attorney General's Office.
"We have no control over the investigation, or the timing of the investigation," he said.
"Just because we have been functioning with one (deputy) gone, doesn't mean it is the most efficient way to operate," said Seusing. "That is a very much needed position here."
"I couldn't disagree more," said Seusing. The current situation with one active deputy may be working for now, but it is not ideal, he said.
"They really are the CEOs that oversee the operations," said Pappas. "It is too much for one person to adequately oversee all of those operations."The police department never shuts down, he said, maintaining there is stress on any organization that operates around the clock.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan - 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 11
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 22
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 3
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election