Spotted at last
Elusive bear finally captured on film
Andre Roy captured this image of a black bear in his backyard on Grout Farm Road in Raymond on Wednesday afternoon. Roy's fiancee, Brenda Fowler, said the bear has been disrupting backyard bird feeders for at least the last two years. (ANDRE ROY)
As soon as she moved to New Hampshire from Florida with her fiancé, Andre Roy, her Grout Farm Road neighbor started telling them the backyard bird feeder pole was being bent by a bear.
On Wednesday around 4:30 p.m., Roy was standing on the patio talking on the phone when he spotted the black bear on its hind legs hugging a tree.
"The bear started slowly coming to the bird feeder, gets on his hind legs and is getting ready to bend the pole, so Andre opened the door and looked out and that bear just darted out back of the woods again," Fowler said. "Dirt was flying everywhere. He said he'd never seen a bear move so fast."
Fowler said she is not scared one bit by the bear, although for now she has pulled her bird feeders inside.
"I love wildlife and there is nothing like this back home, and I enjoy seeing this," Fowler said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Video: British hostage beheaded by ISIS - 14
- To remember the POW and MIA: Recognition Day ceremony in Boscawen - 0
- Goffstown High grad finishes Air Force training - 0
- JFK picture on side of Dallas tour bus draws ire, threats - 0
- Yellowstone tourist fined for crashed drone - 0
- FBI chief claims killer of Foley and Sotloff is identified - 0
- FBI says militant in beheading videos ID'd; about a dozen from U.S. have fought with militants in Syria - 0
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on Islamic State in Syria - 16
- Obama to make statement after airstrikes against Islamic State, White House official says - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 2
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 6
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 5
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters