Home » Sports » College Sports
Allen Lessels' College Football: QBs shine in final scrimmage
Vailas completed nine of his 11 passes for 164 yards and had a 72-yard TD pass to R.J. Harris. He also ran for a 32-yard score.
Goldrich completed 15 of his 16 passes for 135 yards.
In his four series, Vailas produced the passing touchdown, the running touchdown, a missed field goal and gave up the ball on downs.
Goldrich led his unit to two field goals, a 6-yard Chris Setian rushing score and a long missed field goal.
“It’s coming down to the wire, same thing as last year, back again this year,” Harris said. “We still don’t know who’s going to get the job. We’ve got to wait. We’re comfortable with either one. The offense was clicking with either Sean or Andy out there. Either way, I think we’ll be successful.”
“We were a little bit better on the defensive side than we were in the first scrimmage,” he said. “I thought we ran to the ball better and I thought we tackled better in open space. It was good to have (Nick) Cefalo back there and it was good to have (Hayden) Knudson back there. Both those guys missed the first scrimmage and they’re both a valuable part of what we’re doing.Ryan Lynch, a junior safety from Atkinson and Timberlane of Plaistow, intercepted an Adam Riese pass for the only turnover of the scrimmage.
firstname.lastname@example.org On Twitter: @AllenLessels
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'