Queen City Football Jamboree
Trinity, Giampetruzzi look sharp
"We're looking good," Giampetruzzi said. "We're young on the line, but skill guys are what we're blessed with this year. We have to get better on defense. We only gave up six points, but we gave up too many yards."
Salem beat Souhegan 20-7 in the only matchup between first-year head coaches. Senior running back Jason Martinez, who will likely be Salem's top offensive threat, scored Salem's first touchdown on a 16-yard run.
Sophomore quarterback Mitch Coy threw two TD passes for the Crusaders.
"We made some big strides since earlier in the week when we scrimmaged Bedford," BG coach Travis Cote said. "This was a step in the right direction."
"I think we should be right there," Cote said. "I think we should be a team that's playing for a playoff berth."
"You better pay attention to Manny," Pinkerton coach Brian O'Reilly said. "When you have that kind of weapon you need to use it. I will use it. Trust me."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New squadron operations building at Pease ANG base opens - 0
- Military says ordnance blast killed four U.S. Marines in California - 0
- Pakistani Taliban chief killed in drone strike, possibly scuttling peace talks - 0
- USS Alexandria arrives at Portsmouth shipyard - 0
- Officials say U.S. commandos capture al Qaeda leader in Libya, also raid Somalia - 3
- Russia, U.S. set deal on Syria - 7
- Kerry demands Syria keep its weapons pledge - 31
- Diplomatic efforts intensify on corralling Syrian chemical arms - 0
- Boston bombing victims to be remembered at 9/11 event in Rindge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Copper stolen from old Salem school
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list