Queen City Football Jamboree
Trinity, Giampetruzzi look sharp
"We're looking good," Giampetruzzi said. "We're young on the line, but skill guys are what we're blessed with this year. We have to get better on defense. We only gave up six points, but we gave up too many yards."
Salem beat Souhegan 20-7 in the only matchup between first-year head coaches. Senior running back Jason Martinez, who will likely be Salem's top offensive threat, scored Salem's first touchdown on a 16-yard run.
Sophomore quarterback Mitch Coy threw two TD passes for the Crusaders.
"We made some big strides since earlier in the week when we scrimmaged Bedford," BG coach Travis Cote said. "This was a step in the right direction."
"I think we should be right there," Cote said. "I think we should be a team that's playing for a playoff berth."
"You better pay attention to Manny," Pinkerton coach Brian O'Reilly said. "When you have that kind of weapon you need to use it. I will use it. Trust me."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett's rush: A careless dash from Manchester - 9
- UNH's good name: Administration fights for it - 0
- An NSA setback: Fourth Amendment wins first round - 15
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass