NHIAA Roundup: Crema's hat trick lifts Campbell girls
The Rams scored first 29 minutes into the opened half, but Crema answered with her initial goal just over two minutes later and it was all Campbell after that.
Bedford 5, Salem 0: At Bedford, senior Johanna Celli had two of the four Bedford goals in a span of just over three minutes in the first half to lead the Bulldogs. Sawyer Biron, Saylor Clark and Abby Kokinos also scored for Bedford. Brook Barrett made three saves for Bedford and Lisa Perry had eight for Salem.
Memorial 0, Nashua North 0: At Manchester, sophomore Rachel Thibeault had 13 saves as the Crusaders took a step up on last season when they were 0-16. Olivia Ross, Vanessa Monzon and Tabitha Josefik played well defensively for Memorial.
Goffstown 5, Milford 1: At Milford, freshman Peyton McBride netted a pair of goals and her sister, Parker, added one to pace the Grizzlies. Michele Trembly and Tea Viverso also scored for Goffstown. Leandra Nault had the Milford goal.
Exeter 3, Londonderry 1: At Exeter, Casey Scott and Casey Estey assisted on each other's goals to lead the defending Division I champions. Elise Leavitt had the other Exeter goal. Maeve Holland scored for Londonderry.
Nashua South 2, Winnacunnet 1: At Nashua, Emily Durette and Alexa Estrada had the goals and Adadzda Obinelo made 10 saves to lead the Purple Panthers. Maddie Loffredo scored for Winnacunnet. Brittany Ziviano had 10 saves for Warriors.
Newmarket 3, Epping 0: Jasmine Whitman's two goals lfited Newmarket. Epping goalie Chloe Pelletier notched nine saves.
Merrimack 3, Manchester Central 2: At Southern New Hampshire University, Owen Tracy scored a pair of goals in the last 20 minutes to lead the Tomahawks over the two-time defending Division I champions. James Oswald had the other Merrimack goal. Sam Binigoro and Keegan Laberge scored for Central.
Derryfield 4, Concord Christian 0: At Manchester, Jared Schoenberger, Grant Alenson, Griffin Phaneuf and Ryan Stagg had the goals and Drew Johnson made four saves for the Cougars.
Winnacunnet 2, Nashua South 1: At Hampton, the Warriors knocked off the Purple Panthers in overtime. Srishail Thapa scored the Nashua goal.
Raymond 4, Somersworth 3: At Raymond, Tom Mercier's goal in the second overtime lifted the Rams. Tucker MacPherson scored two first-half goals to put Raymond in front. Somersworth's Andrew Kaspandin, Zach Campbell and Hank Michaud put Somersworth up 3-2 in the second half. Tristan McManus scored with five minutes left to get it to overtime.
Pinkerton Academy 4, Bishop Guertin 1: At Nashua, senior Tommy Martin scored a pair of goals and David Parrott and Phil Lerner each added on to lead the Astros. Wes Vanderbergh scored for BG.
Hollis/Brookline 3, Souhegan 2: At Amherst, Cole Owens scored an unassisted goal in overtime for his second tally of the night to lift the Cavaliers. Evan Porter scored the other Hollis/Brookline goal. Liam Rendall and Mike Hayden had the Souhegan goals.
Exeter 3, Londonderry 2: Back-to-back Exeter goals in the second half lifted the Blue Hawks from a 2-1 deficit to the Division I win. Cody Woods and Alex Walter scored for Londonderry.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett's rush: A careless dash from Manchester - 9
- UNH's good name: Administration fights for it - 0
- An NSA setback: Fourth Amendment wins first round - 15
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass