Home » News » Public Safety
Man injured in runaway RV in Epping back in hospital
"That doesn't bother me," Gregory Rollins said, referring to the thought of once again driving the RV that took him on a wild ride down a hill while he was asleep in the master bedroom.
Rollins was rushed to Exeter Hospital with injuries that included a lesion on his spleen immediately following last Saturday's incident at the MX 101 race track at New England Dragway. He was released from Exeter Hospital Wednesday, but said he still didn't feel right.
Rollins went home and sought additional care at a local hospital after he started "seeing things," he said. Rollins said he was sent to Brigham and Women's Hospital for further treatment.
Meanwhile, Rollins still can't shake the image of the RV flying more than 200 yards downhill with no driver at the wheel while he was stuck in the bed.
Rollins was alone in the 1997 Winnebago Adventurer owned by his friend and woke up as he was being tossed around after it began rolling when the brakes apparently let go. He began yelling for the driver to slow down, but quickly realized there was no driver after the motor home sailed over a jump and eventually dropped 12 feet onto the middle of the race track used for dirt bike races.
At 64, he's certainly had his share of life experiences, but said his ride in the runaway RV is one he won't soon forget.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072