Home » News » Public Safety
Man injured in runaway RV in Epping back in hospital
Gregory Rollins remained hospitalized Friday at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston after he was injured when the RV he was sleeping in began rolling down a hill in Epping last Saturday. (Courtesy WBZ-TV)
"That doesn't bother me," Gregory Rollins said, referring to the thought of once again driving the RV that took him on a wild ride down a hill while he was asleep in the master bedroom.
Rollins was rushed to Exeter Hospital with injuries that included a lesion on his spleen immediately following last Saturday's incident at the MX 101 race track at New England Dragway. He was released from Exeter Hospital Wednesday, but said he still didn't feel right.
Rollins went home and sought additional care at a local hospital after he started "seeing things," he said. Rollins said he was sent to Brigham and Women's Hospital for further treatment.
Meanwhile, Rollins still can't shake the image of the RV flying more than 200 yards downhill with no driver at the wheel while he was stuck in the bed.
Rollins was alone in the 1997 Winnebago Adventurer owned by his friend and woke up as he was being tossed around after it began rolling when the brakes apparently let go. He began yelling for the driver to slow down, but quickly realized there was no driver after the motor home sailed over a jump and eventually dropped 12 feet onto the middle of the race track used for dirt bike races.
At 64, he's certainly had his share of life experiences, but said his ride in the runaway RV is one he won't soon forget.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
- I-93 crash under investigation - 0
- Body of missing NH man found in Vermont - 0
- Police seeking heroin epidemic answers - 0
- Teen ejected in Candia rollover - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 2
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- Anonymous email was 'malicious,' says Auburn police commissioner - 0
- Senate votes to ban hand-held cellphone use in cars; bill heads back to House - 10
- Auburn town administrator under fire - 0
- Belmont High likely will keep Red Raider mascot - 3
- Ice-out on WInnipesaukee expected by late next week - 0
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start