Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats drop final home game to Portland, now one loss from playoff elimination
While the Trenton Thunder lost to New Britain, 4-1, in 13 innings on Thursday, the Fishers' loss pushed the magic number for Trenton to clinch a playoff berth to 1.
The Fisher Cats close the season on the road with four games at Binghamton.
Trailing 2-1 to open the third, New Hampshire's Andy Burns walked, stole second base and then scored on an Adam Loewen double. Kevin Nolan singled Loewen home to make it 3-2.
Keith Couch (11-3) got the win for Portland. Reliever Tyson Brummett (1-7) took the loss. Portland's J.C. Linares went 4-for-5 with two RBIs.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dodgers shut out Cardinals in NLCS Game 3 - 0
- Manchester Memorial grad Chris Lambert enters Boston College Hall of Fame - 1
- Finally, Tampa Bay's Sam Fuld gets to meet new son - 0
- Rays blank Indians in wild card game, headed to Boston for ALDS - 0
- Conway’s Locke left off Pirates’ playoff roster - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Playoff roster is Farrell's job - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released