Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats drop final home game to Portland, now one loss from playoff elimination
While the Trenton Thunder lost to New Britain, 4-1, in 13 innings on Thursday, the Fishers' loss pushed the magic number for Trenton to clinch a playoff berth to 1.
The Fisher Cats close the season on the road with four games at Binghamton.
Trailing 2-1 to open the third, New Hampshire's Andy Burns walked, stole second base and then scored on an Adam Loewen double. Kevin Nolan singled Loewen home to make it 3-2.
Keith Couch (11-3) got the win for Portland. Reliever Tyson Brummett (1-7) took the loss. Portland's J.C. Linares went 4-for-5 with two RBIs.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
- Charles Lane: A Social Security fix that fixes nothing - 26
- Fergus Cullen: Baines and Bramante modernize education for the iTunes era - 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice