Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats drop final home game to Portland, now one loss from playoff elimination
While the Trenton Thunder lost to New Britain, 4-1, in 13 innings on Thursday, the Fishers' loss pushed the magic number for Trenton to clinch a playoff berth to 1.
The Fisher Cats close the season on the road with four games at Binghamton.
Trailing 2-1 to open the third, New Hampshire's Andy Burns walked, stole second base and then scored on an Adam Loewen double. Kevin Nolan singled Loewen home to make it 3-2.
Keith Couch (11-3) got the win for Portland. Reliever Tyson Brummett (1-7) took the loss. Portland's J.C. Linares went 4-for-5 with two RBIs.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
- 'Embrance the challenge ... behold the view,' MCPHS grads told - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0