PSNH works to repair underground lines
The town was among the first Granite State communities to require underground utilities in future developments, according to PSNH spokesman Elizabeth LaRocca.
That factor has no doubt contributed to the higher frequency of power outages in recent years, LaRocca said, though company officials are working hard to address the problem.
Complicating the matter further is the tendency for residents to attempt to screen the green transformer boxes on their property by spreading mulch and planting shrubbery around them.
LaRocca said the ultimate goal is to go the less-costly route of rejuvenating the existing cables rather than waiting for them to completely fail.
As of mid-August, work crews had completed replacement cable work at Fieldstone Drive in the Mountain Home Estates complex, as well as along Old Country Road and South Road in the Olde Country Village complex.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Mailboxes casualty of first snowstorm - 1
- Second snowstorm in a week hits state - 0
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Manchester extends snow emergency; pedestrian injured when hit by plow - 1
- Seacoast digs out from more than a foot of snow - 0
- Snowfall totals in NH vary from 7 inches to more than a foot. - 0
- Manchester police say no major snow-related problems - 2
- Winter storm brings a foot of snow to most of NH - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Ice storm threatens the region
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass