Scott Brown to be keynote speaker at Lions Club dinner
Brown will speak at the Nashua Lions Club 90th anniversary dinner on Sept. 14 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
Brown is a member and past president of the Wrentham, Mass., Lions Club. He previously co-sponsored legislation along with Sen. Jerry Moran to authorize a commemorative coin for the Lions' 100th anniversary in 2017.
Brown shared his own struggles growing up in a broken family. His mother and father each married and divorced four times, and he was forced to live in 17 different homes by the time he had reached 18.
Since that speech, Brown has eluded speculation that he may be a possible presidential contender in 2016.
The Nashua Lions were chartered on Sept. 26, 1923, and are the second-oldest club in the state, according to a news release. Throughout that time, the organization has offered more than $1 million in eye care and services to residents.
John DiStaso's Granite Status
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings