Home » News » Politics » Primary Plus
Scott Brown to be keynote speaker at Lions Club dinner
Brown will speak at the Nashua Lions Club 90th anniversary dinner on Sept. 14 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
Brown is a member and past president of the Wrentham, Mass., Lions Club. He previously co-sponsored legislation along with Sen. Jerry Moran to authorize a commemorative coin for the Lions' 100th anniversary in 2017.
Brown shared his own struggles growing up in a broken family. His mother and father each married and divorced four times, and he was forced to live in 17 different homes by the time he had reached 18.
Since that speech, Brown has eluded speculation that he may be a possible presidential contender in 2016.
The Nashua Lions were chartered on Sept. 26, 1923, and are the second-oldest club in the state, according to a news release. Throughout that time, the organization has offered more than $1 million in eye care and services to residents.
John DiStaso's Granite Status
READER COMMENTS: 10
- GOP political gathering was a party for many - 0
- GOP rally in Manchester fires up party faithful - 17
- Ayotte kicks off conservative political summit - 2
- Rand Paul offers his 'libertarian twist' on conservatism - 18
- SRO expected at 'Freedom Summit' - 2
- Scott Brown formally launches N.H. campaign for Senate - 44
- Hillary Clinton dodges shoe thrown at her during Las Vegas speech - 1
- Former Mass. Senator Brown comes out swinging on Obamacare as he launches N.H. campaign - 4
- Hillary Clinton blasts Putin, discusses 2016 in San Francisco - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare