Scott Brown to be keynote speaker at Lions Club dinner
Brown will speak at the Nashua Lions Club 90th anniversary dinner on Sept. 14 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
Brown is a member and past president of the Wrentham, Mass., Lions Club. He previously co-sponsored legislation along with Sen. Jerry Moran to authorize a commemorative coin for the Lions' 100th anniversary in 2017.
Brown shared his own struggles growing up in a broken family. His mother and father each married and divorced four times, and he was forced to live in 17 different homes by the time he had reached 18.
Since that speech, Brown has eluded speculation that he may be a possible presidential contender in 2016.
The Nashua Lions were chartered on Sept. 26, 1923, and are the second-oldest club in the state, according to a news release. Throughout that time, the organization has offered more than $1 million in eye care and services to residents.
John DiStaso's Granite Status
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'