Merrimack Valley district begins superintendent search
This school year is the last for current Superintendent Mike Martin, who is retiring after serving 13 years in the district.
Meetings for the remaining communities will be announced after Sept. 5, officials said.
The meetings are designed to supplement the association’s recommended search criteria with ideas from residents on the qualities and attributes of a school superintendent, said Assistant Superintendent Chris Barry.
The school boards association has advised the district to spend adequate time developing a leadership profile for the next superintendent. It also said the pool of quality candidates is “shallow,” and told the school board it needs to market the school district effectively.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
- Vin Sylvia: After Ellsbury: Give the kids a chance - 0
- Penmen follow simple theme - 0
- Last Huddle for Lenahan today - 0
- Monarchs back to work for three-game weekend - 0
- Army captain stops LaMotte in mixed martial arts bout - 0
- College Notebook: NH athletes receive fall accolades - 0
- MMA 'Throwdown at The Rock' to feature Nate LaMottee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- Ayotte tours Dover camping gear firm - 0
- Newton boy badly hurt when struck by SUV while walking - 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112