Merrimack Valley district begins superintendent search
This school year is the last for current Superintendent Mike Martin, who is retiring after serving 13 years in the district.
Meetings for the remaining communities will be announced after Sept. 5, officials said.
The meetings are designed to supplement the association’s recommended search criteria with ideas from residents on the qualities and attributes of a school superintendent, said Assistant Superintendent Chris Barry.
The school boards association has advised the district to spend adequate time developing a leadership profile for the next superintendent. It also said the pool of quality candidates is “shallow,” and told the school board it needs to market the school district effectively.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 21
- Derry school district expects 2014-15 25-student enrollment increase - 0
- Derry teacher who brings science to life a national award finalist - 0
- Londonderry sophomore has a passion for the past - 0
- Students take part in seminar on privacy at Nashua North - 0
- Londonderry kids learn while doing on Toga Tuesday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 0
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112