Home » News » Public Safety
Londonderry auto shop fire likely caused by smoking
Fire crews arrived at Emerald Isle Auto Sales, 214 Rockingham Road, shortly after 3 p.m., Chief Darren O’Brien said.
According to O'Brien, carelessly discarded smoking materials likely caused the fire.
On arrival, firefighters encountered flames at the front of the building extending through the front windows as well as a landscaped area in the front of the building.
The fire was contained within 10 minutes. Several people working inside the building had exited prior to firefighters' arrival and no one was injured. One front room sustained minor fire damage.
Derry and Manchester fire crews assisted at the scene, with Derry crews also providing station coverage.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 15
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 2
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 1
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072