Home » News » Public Safety
Londonderry auto shop fire likely caused by smoking
Fire crews arrived at Emerald Isle Auto Sales, 214 Rockingham Road, shortly after 3 p.m., Chief Darren O’Brien said.
According to O'Brien, carelessly discarded smoking materials likely caused the fire.
On arrival, firefighters encountered flames at the front of the building extending through the front windows as well as a landscaped area in the front of the building.
The fire was contained within 10 minutes. Several people working inside the building had exited prior to firefighters' arrival and no one was injured. One front room sustained minor fire damage.
Derry and Manchester fire crews assisted at the scene, with Derry crews also providing station coverage.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sox down Orioles in 10 as Ortiz hits a pair - 0
- Portsmouth stuns Memorial - 0
- High School Sports Round-up - 0
- Milford stuffs Souhegan on final play - 0
- Efficient Bedford beats Winnacunnet - 0
- Ex-Connecticut governor guilty of violating federal campaign laws - 0
- GOP attempts to tie Shaheen to old criminal case - 2
- Salem man presented with Polish award - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge was local woman - 0
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
Goodell vows domestic violence change