Tainted water delays Hollis-Brookline High opening
School officials said efforts are now under way to complete the decontamination process and as it stands now, the plan is to hold the first full day of classes on Friday, with incoming freshmen to attend a half-day orientation on Thursday.
Since then, the school's water source has been tested periodically, though after one of the wells still tested positive for E. coli Monday afternoon, Superintendent Dr. John Moody said he was left with no choice but to delay the first day of school.
Matte said the school's water holding tanks have all been drained and the entire system was flushed with heavily chlorinated water to kill any resilient bacteria.
"We do apologize for any inconvenience we've caused for some families, but the safety of our students is our top priority," Matte said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 1
- U.S. preparing for grueling World Cup - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House parties - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 2
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383