Technology and sharper focus for Coe Brown students this year
Jennifer Morrissette Courtesy photo
Jessica Ryan Courtesy photo
Jessica Wentworth Courtesy photo
Along with a batch of 174 freshmen and nine new upperclassmen, Coe-Brown welcomes several new staff members, including French teacher Elizabeth Evans, who previously taught in Strafford, English teacher Jessica Ryan and paraprofessionals Jennifer Morrissette and Jessica Wentworth.
To add to the confusion, Smith said the school started moving the math department from the main building into its new facilities across the road to Smith Hall. He added all of the math teachers and classes will be in-place by January.
Aseltine said senior English students will be able to focus on a particular genre — including heroes and villains, adventure in the great outdoors, dystopian future and New Hampshire authors.
Aseltine said students read from a variety of traditional books and e-books, which can be accessed on their Netbooks.
She said the change will allow teachers to focus on reality rather than theory, so students will be better prepared to go on to college or start a career after high school.
For more information, visit http://coebrown.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fleeing hostile states: Gun makers will travel - 6
- Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents - 20
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 6
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 3
- 'Economic patriotism'; tax rates and border jumpers - 6
- Do the job, leave; a NH candidate makes sense - 7
- Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH - 5
- Innis with terrorists? A low blow from Guinta - 2
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 12
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Market Basket community waits and watches