Technology and sharper focus for Coe Brown students this year
Along with a batch of 174 freshmen and nine new upperclassmen, Coe-Brown welcomes several new staff members, including French teacher Elizabeth Evans, who previously taught in Strafford, English teacher Jessica Ryan and paraprofessionals Jennifer Morrissette and Jessica Wentworth.
To add to the confusion, Smith said the school started moving the math department from the main building into its new facilities across the road to Smith Hall. He added all of the math teachers and classes will be in-place by January.
Aseltine said senior English students will be able to focus on a particular genre — including heroes and villains, adventure in the great outdoors, dystopian future and New Hampshire authors.
Aseltine said students read from a variety of traditional books and e-books, which can be accessed on their Netbooks.
She said the change will allow teachers to focus on reality rather than theory, so students will be better prepared to go on to college or start a career after high school.
For more information, visit http://coebrown.org.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 12
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 5
- Lives not lost: As long as we remember - 0
- Slammed: A Seabrook officer indicted - 9
- Abuse in school: A city teacher and a late report - 2
- Computerized firearms: Holder's bad gun idea - 3
- Republican diversity: NH welcomes political ideas - 8
- Reams vs. Foster: A power grab struck down - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Citizens Bank robbed Saturday in Manchester