Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Trial date set for Sandown man charged with burglarizing Rockingham County homes
Joshua Fowler, 34, is expected to go on trial the week of Oct. 7 in Rockingham County Superior Court on seven counts of burglary for break-ins between October 2009 and March 2010.
A grand jury indicted Fowler in September 2011, but he did not appear in court until earlier this year after becoming listed as a "Fugitive of the Week" by the U.S. Marshal's Service.
Fowler turned himself in at the Rockingham County Sheriff's Office in Brentwood once the Marshal's Service announced they wanted to apprehend him.
Court documents say that Fowler may not have acted alone in the burglaries, but so far he is the only one charged in the case.
He was charged as being either a principal or accomplice in the seven cases.
The defense has yet to file any challenges to evidence in the case, but court papers indicate they passed a deadline on requesting to sever the cases into separate trials.
A five-day trial has been scheduled for the case. Prosecutors have until Sept. 27 to strike a possible plea deal instead of going to trial.
Prosecutors say Fowler broke into his first home in Hampstead sometime during October 2009 then carried out the other six burglaries between February and March 2010.
In the first two burglaries, prosecutors have not given the exact dates of the break-ins, according to indictments.
Fowler is facing Class B felonies for each of the burglaries. If convicted he faces a potential 3 ½-to-7 year prison term and a $4,000 fine on each charge. He remains free on $20,000 cash or corporate surety bail.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- Anderson lewdness trial is delayed - 5
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 2
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424