Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salvation Army takes over for Santa in Nashua - 0
- Lurgio students learn about Africa, water scarcity through unique approach - 0
- A Chat with Elsie: Windham principal recognized for excellence - 0
- Salem Christmas Fund - 0
- Willow Street Bridge funding decision imminent - 0
- Pelham power line project could impact town - 0
- Nashua playground to feature multiple mushroom steppers and much more - 0
- Auburn road agent files lawsuit for being named in illegal dumping probe - 0
- Salem school officials eye additional half-day kindergarten class - 0
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Enter to win tickets to see Arc Isis
Enter to win tickets to see Pirate School
NH's fishing industry staggered
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
Police arrest pair after bullets fly