Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fine casual dining in a historic setting - 0
- Beverages worth crossing the state line for - 0
- Lunch in the Park series begins Thursday - 0
- North Country native named to highest reserve enlisted position in Coast Guard - 0
- Good neighbors make great gardens in Goffstown - 0
- Salem community gardens enjoying a successful summer - 0
- Pilot program offers free bus service to Nashua children - 0
- Renovation work shuts down Albany recreation site - 0
- Pelham fireworks show now set for Saturday - 0
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Early-bird race special for NASCAR fans
Win tickets to see Austin Mahone
Fine casual dining in a historic setting
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax