Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tapping back in time Vaudeville-style troupe performs for southern NH seniors - 0
- Dave Anderson's Forest Journal: Relic, site reveal Native American history - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Chinook puppy tests the waters like a naughty teenager - 0
- Santa Shuffle, parade draw crowds to Manchester - 0
- John Harrigan: A Christmas gift list for the outdoor buff - 0
- Bedford girl who loved ballet loses cancer battle - 0
- Nashua hero up for Carnegie award - 0
- Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island - 0
- Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser - 0
Win tickets to see Monster Jam
What's open / what's closed on Thanksgiving
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
Bedford Village Inn plans to add new hotel
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use